3D Printing Leeds was challenged to do some 3D Printing Testing and Validation in PLA that was strong enough to restraincables and mound easily onto aluminium slot profile. All this to a tolerance of 0.2mm.
We achieved this and as it turned out the client was so impressed they wanted to take on the production in-house themselves from this validation of 3D Printing as a proven viable solution.
So 3D Printing Leeds not only produced 3D Print but also taught and informed our Client on the 3D Print production pathways.
3D Printing Leeds often gets asked for very small projects which are not economic, but when it’s your wife how can you refuse?! Maybe this ready-made part will help others, so we will upload it to thingiverse and cults3d soon.
3D Printing Leeds has recently moved into MSLA Resin Printing and these new facilities were just what was needed for this replacement part for an old Dyson hoover.
3D print STL file checking
Duration for costing
LED Light Curing
Traditional FDM 3D printing struggles to get the super-smooth finish required on all sides and surfaces, as the support material affects both the dimensions and fit too much. However this 3D printing produced a super smooth and strong print to exacting dimensions and finish. It took a lot longer to print with resin compared to FDM but it is more reliable and produced far, far better results.
Like every company, at 3D Printing Leeds we purchase our 3D Resin Printing machines off-the-shelf from specialist companies but this does not mean those printers are perfect and ready to go. They all need checking and improving and then maintaining.
With our 3D Resin Printers, we found that its fumes were leaking even though the manufacturer had provided some kind of air filter. The lid did not fit well either and the fumes escaped under it.
We found some modifications online that we could 3D Print on our FDM printers but those files were old and did not fit or seal well to the current machine model.
Fumes extractor MODification
Air flow fan
So, true to our business, we re-engineered the part to fit the current manufactures tolerances and then improved on it too.
Pictured below is a gasket: we changed the profile to fit tightly to the base unit, to skirt the filter unit (see our previous post on this). We also deepened the channels for the lid to provide a solid firm fit. We also sourced some very thin foam strip to seal both the top and bottom fitment.
Now there are no fumes and no unwanted smells. Success!